“Wild Life” Fibre Exhibit
Gallery Vertigo, Vernon, BC Exhibit Date March 6 – 31, 2018
Gallery Vertigo is inviting fibre artists to submit to a scheduled exhibit entitled Wild Life. What’s your vision of Wild Life; a landscape of the Serengeti; penguins frolicking in the surf; maybe it’s that cute little gecko who speaks for Geico. Wait maybe it’s the wild attendees at a rock concert? Skydiving? Bungee jumping?
We are challenging fibre artists to interpret the theme of “Wild Life” in whatever direction your creative muse sends you. The fibre art piece may be either realistic or an abstraction of the theme.
Eligibility and Guidelines: PLEASE PAY CAREFUL ATTENTION TO THESE REQUIREMENTS; ANY SUBMITTED PIECES THAT DEVIATE FROM THESE PARAMETERS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
1. Fibre art pieces must be a creative visual work that is layered and stitched or that references this form of stitched layered structure. Fibre art sculpture is also acceptable.
2. The Fibre Art piece must be prepared in such a manner as to be ready to hang in the Gallery. In the case of a fibre sculpture it must be able to display as a “stand alone” without additional supports.
3. Fibre art piece should have a perimeter of no larger than 120 inches.
4. Any works entered which deviate from the guidelines and submission requirements may be rejected at the discretion of the Exhibition Chair.
5. Artists are responsible for shipping and insurance to and from Gallery Vertigo.
6. Artwork MAY be for sale. Gallery Vertigo will charge a 30% commission on all sales.
7. The Artist(s) confirms the artwork entered does not violate any copyright laws.
8. By submitting your work for exhibit, the Artist(s) confirms she/he will adhere to all the above.
|November 2017||Announce call for entries|
|November 15, 2017||Online Entry Open (Submission form found HERE)|
|February 7, 2018||Entry deadline at 3:00 pm PST All registrations must be in by this date.|
|February 15, 2018||Notification of acceptance (All notifications will be sent by email)|
|March 1, 2018||Artwork to be RECEIVED by Gallery Vertigo (details to be given upon acceptance)|
|March 9, 2018||Opening Night Reception @ 6:30 p.m. at Gallery Vertigo|
|April 1, 2018||Artists to pick up work at Gallery or have work shipped (shipping is at the expense of the artists|